'If you want to make the world a better place then look at yourself and make the change.' - Man in the Mirror

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yay I have a blog!

Ok, so I totally copied Shannon and started a blog. I am really bad at keeping up with things like this but who knows, maybe somebody will read this and maybe it will make them happy....ok happy is a stretch. Maybe it will make them less bored. You shouldn't sneeze at being less bored. Alright next item on the schedule is to start talking about me, my life, John I guess since I put his name on the blog. He doesn't know we have a blog now. Hm, maybe I should mention that to him when I get a chance.

Um, well let's start with random things about myself that come to mind as I type.

I am engaged to John Burns Roberts. He and I are from Frankfort, KY. We met through a blind date type arrangement. Well, we went to middle school together but didn't know each other existed so I still call it a blind date. My friend Alex fixed us up on a double date to see 8 Mile and dinner at O'Charley's. Ok, I want to stop right here and tell you that I do not know what is up with this keyboard but the apostrophe is sticking and being really crazy so nothing is getting an apostrophe from here on out unless I feel the extreme need. Ok, ready to continue...like I was saying we met at a horrible date movie and he was late and tried to pay me back for the ticket I bought for myself. I remember that he was handsome and very tall and not very talkative. Well I have since learned how to pry the words from him and around people he is comfortable with he is a regular ol chatterbox.


John and I are getting married on September 19, 2009 (9-19-09). He has a house in Georgetown that I will be moving in to after we wed. I cant wait. To be completely honest (which I feel like I can be honest with you.....the world wide web visitors) I am really ready to move in and Ill tell you why.....I want a good shower and some flippin peace and quiet and a tv in my room. Is that too much for a girl to ask for?! I love my aunt and she has been overly generous in allowing me to stay with her for this last oh...year ...plus some....but my mothers two dogs live here as well along with my aunts dog and well ...its just a bit cramped I think. And the shower has not worked right for a few months. I swear to everything good that her dog is for real passing gas right beside me right now....oh I need out. Ok, well I think I was a little too wordy with this first post, but like I said....not good at this type of thing but Im trying!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, Lacey I love it!!!! I am so glad you have a blog. What a great way for all of us to keep up with each others lives! I loved seeing you all at the reunion...Jon talked to me a lot. He is just a sweetie. Can't wait for 9/19! Well sweetie keep us updated on things...I can't wait to see pictures of you all on here!

    ReplyDelete